Data governance is the process of designing and implementing laws, policies, decision making frameworks, and systems to ensure data is managed properly.
- Outlines the components of a data governance framework.
- Introduces relevant areas of legislation, including privacy and access to information.
- Describes different types of contracts and agreements that an SGIG may use in data governance and management projects.
- Provides tools to support data sharing.
- Introduces standards and best practices.
The webinar below is a presentation by Harmony Johnson and Laurel Lemchuk-Favel on data governance. For more webinars covering content in this toolkit click here.